As the name implies, the Triple BBB Vineyard Bed and Barn also includes a lovely vineyard of 400 muscadine grape vines which serves as the perfect venue for rustic and romantic outdoor weddings. Just imagine … you can stay on the same property as the venue and, if you’ve ever dreamed of a horse-themed wedding, this is the perfect setting for exchanging vows on horseback !
- Use of beautiful, two-acre vineyard
- There are no vineyard amenities, however the barn could be used for a reception
- Minimum charge of $800
- For additional information on extras, including catering, please give us a call at 704-473-1525
The vines cover two acres of my 50-acre farm, land which was originally used for cattle farming. I harvested the first ripe grapes back in 2014, and it didn’t take long for a loyal Cleveland County customer base to take shape. Today, locals enjoy five different varieties of the succulent, sweet fruit — Tara, Triumph, Supreme, Nesbit and Summit.
It takes time, and patience, to care for the grape vines. Each vine is carefully pruned back in February and March to stimulate growth for the season. The vines bloom in June with tiny white flowers that are pollinated by native bees and butterflies. And in July, the vines are “skirted,” a second pruning to remove low-hanging vines which make harvesting easier.
As the grapes ripen – anywhere from August to November depending on the variety –their color changes. Bronze grapes go from bright green to a more mellow bronze color, and purple grapes turn almost black. Unlike other grapes, muscadines are not harvested all at once, but as individual berries. A ripe muscadine has a sweet fragrance and falls easily from the stem.
For more information on lodging or the vineyard, please visit Triple BBB Vineyard on Facebook.
- Open to the public
- Pick-your-own, or purchase already picked
- Hours of operation: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. during August, September, October, November, Thursday – Sunday. Call for an appointment.
- Available for purchase at the Foothills Farmers Market in uptown Shelby, when muscadines are in season.
Get in Touch
More Information and Booking Requests
Do you have more questions about our Vineyard? Looking to make a reservation for your big event? Use this form or give us a call at 704-473-1525 to get in touch with us and we’ll be glad to help you with your request.